Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of material handling equipment for the Americas. Realizing it had an inconsistent internal supply chain and an inefficient material replenishment process, the company set out to improve its business processes to ensure it was getting the most value out of its factory planning solution.
- Saved $5.8 million through inventory reduction
- Reduced WIP inventory by 70 percent and components inventory by 20 percent
- Increased customer committed ship date from 60 percent to 95 percent
- Improved on-time delivery performance by 40 percent
- Improved capacity utilization through level production schedule creation, schedule stability and optimized model mix at the master production schedule level