Faced with an increasingly complex, global, customer-focused supply chain and skyrocketing fuel charges, the company needed to reduce transportation costs. As part of the company's Project Greenlight initiative, Hershey invested in transportation-related process and technology improvements that would deliver a high return on investment.
- Expanded continuous-moves capabilities
- Significantly reduced transportation costs
- Increased operational efficiencies
- Improved load-planning productivity
- Enhanced carrier-asset utilization
- 30 percent increase in key planning metrics
- 400 percent improvement in solution runtime