Shoppers Stop Limited is India's largest department store chain, and together with its affiliated companies, operates more than 65 large-format department stores, 80 Crossword bookstores, and 10 hypermarkets, airport retail and home-concept stores. Shoppers Stop sought to establish an intelligent and automated store replenishment process that results in more profitable store-specific merchandise allocations.
- Standardized merchandise allocation across all stores
- Increased sales by 12 percent at chain level
- Improved sales of certain categories in lower-graded stores by nearly 50 percent
- Realized significant improvement in inventory turns
- Reduced over-stocks and inter-store transfers as a result of better inventory distribution
- Improved merchandise planners' productivity